Is Delta 8 Safe?
Delta 8 THC has become a popular addition to the cannabis market. While risks and research may be a little unclear, there is little indication that Delta 8 carries any substantial health risk or side effects. With that said, it is still so important to be using and buying Delta 8 responsibly.
Delta 8 THC and Delta 9 THC have similar effects and interact with the CB1 receptor in a similar way. Therefore, Delta 8 has similar risks to Delta 9 – which are minimal.
- Know your dosage: Delta 8 THC has an active dose of around 5-10mg. Although Delta 8 is about half as potent as Delta 9, it will still get you high. So, be sure to know your perfect dosage before diving in.
- Speak with your doctor before using Delta 8, or any cannabis products, if you’re taking any medications.
- Avoid unreliable or counterfeit Delta 8 products.
- Do not use Delta 8 if you plan to drive.
Delta 8 THC has a few short-term risks, similar to those of Delta 9 THC. The main risks would be:
Not everyone experiences these effects, but it’s not uncommon to experience one or two. As well as that, these short-term risks are more of an annoyance than any serious health risk.
The Importance of Reliable and Safe Delta 8 Products
Many times, the highest risk with Delta 8 is using products that are not pure or reliable. Harmful chemicals, additives, solvents, or fillers could be in certain Delta 8 products. These can be harmful to your body.
This is why it is so important to purchase Delta 8 products from reputable businesses.
When searching for reputable companies you should look for businesses that have an established presence. Many companies have popped up recently with the rise of Delta 8 that do not focus on the quality of their product.
As well as that, you should be looking for businesses that share third-party lab results and ingredients. Third-party lab testing is when a business sends out its products to be tested for cannabinoid percentage, heavy metals, chemicals, bacteria, mold, etc. If a company does not share its lab results, this should steer you away. If there’s nothing to hide, lab results and ingredients should be easily found. Our lab tests are right here.
When viewing third-party lab results, there are a few things to look for:
- Be sure the results are for a specific product such as Delta 8 gummies, Delta 8 disposables, etc. Some companies may only test the Delta 8 that goes into the product, but not the product itself.
- Check that the Delta 8 THC percentage matches the product description.
- Check for dates to see how updated the tests are.
- Look to see if any heavy metals, solvents, bacteria, mold, or chemicals are present (occasionally small amounts of solvents used for extraction may show up, but small percentages shouldn’t be worried about).
By thoroughly reviewing lab results you can ensure you are buying reliable and safe Delta 8 THC.
Be sure to be looking into the company and its products, lab results, and potency.